Translating IL2CPP Unity games can be a challenge due to the complexity of the code and the way it’s compiled. However, with the right tools and techniques, it’s possible to translate these games using Translator++ and BepInEx.
First, you’ll need to install either BepInEx or MelonLoader, which are only that 2 frameworks that support il2cpp. For MelonLoader, the support game is listed on the site or in the official discord: https://melonwiki.xyz/
BepInEx works by injecting code into the game’s executable, which allows you to modify and extend its functionality. To install BepInEx, follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of BepInEx for Unity games from its official website. Choose the IL2CPP version.
- Download the latest version of Xunity.Autotranslator for BepInEx plugin from its official website
- Extract the contents of the BepInEx zip file into the root directory of the game you want to translate. This directory should contain the game’s executable file and other important files.
- Extract the contents of the Xunity.Autotranslator file on the root directory of the game you want to translate. It contains a plugin that adds to the BepInEx folder.
- To use Translator++ with BepInEx, first launch the game and ensure that BepInEx is running correctly. You should see a message indicating that BepInEx has been loaded into the game.
- Translator++ will automatically detect that the game is running with BepInEx and will load the appropriate translation plugin. From there, you can start translating the game’s text using Translator++’s powerful translation tools and features.
It’s important to note that not all Unity games are compatible with BepInEx, and some may require additional steps to enable translation. Additionally, IL2CPP Unity games can be more challenging to translate due to the way they’re compiled, so it’s important to have a good understanding of the game’s code and structure before attempting to translate it.
If you’ve mistakenly installed ReiPatcher on an IL2CPP Unity game and are experiencing issues, it’s important to note that ReiPatcher only works on games that use the Mono type. Therefore, if you’re trying to use ReiPatcher on an IL2CPP game, it simply won’t work. In this case, it’s recommended that you uninstall ReiPatcher and instead use BepInEx for your translation needs. Refer to our previous section for instructions on how to install and use BepInEx.