Hello fellows translators,
Last week was a holiday in the country where I live. So I have a lot of time to fix some addons like RMMV & RMMZ and KAG.
Changelog up to 3.5.11
- Fix : RMMV & RMMZ engine : Export to zip problem
- Add : KAGParser : Tool menu to repack directory into xp3
- Fix : Instruction on how to connect Translator++ with Patreon account is improved.
- Fix : Buttons are disabled when creating a new project.
- Fix : Tables are invisible when creating a new project.
- Fix : Workflow to extract enigma never triggered
- Add : RMMV & RMMZ engine : A new tool menu to extract enigma into a directory (tpp > Tools > RMMV & RMMZ > Extract Enigma Virtual box)
- Fix : Grid’s word wrap doesn’t worked since 3.3.30
- Add : New interface language – Russian (contributed by Admin Island)
- Fix : Console overlay z-index problem
- Add : Close project (because every app should has one)
- Add : Confirmation when exiting app
- Fix : Buttons disabled when no project is opened
- Add : Utility to dump Translator++’s UI texts. In case you want to create your own localization.
- Update : RMMV engine 0.2
- Add : RMMV & RMMZ engine : Allows us to translate plugins
- Add : RMMV & RMMZ engine : Allows us to translate plugin’s parameters (this should fix a lot of untranslated texts on game menus)
- Add : RMMV & RMMZ engine : Built in decrypter to decrypt encrypted resources
- Add : RMMV & RMMZ engine : New RMMV & MZ’s menu ribbon
- Add : RMMV & RMMZ engine : Tests game directly from Translator++
- Add : RMMV & RMMZ engine : Open editor directly from Translator++
More utility for RMMV & RMMZ
On the ribbon menu there are new menus that really help the translation process.
We also have several new utilities under the Tools menu.
This utility provide us a GUI interface to extract enigma boxed games. Also not to mention the invaluable resources descriptor, in case you need them to translate resources (images, audios and videos)
RMMV & RMMZ engine : ability to translate plugins & plugin parameters.
Behavior change on KAGParser
In the previous version, KAGParser will automatically rename the xp3 file to bak after extracting it with the hope that people will not be confused because after injection the game remains in the original language because it still reads the data.xp3 file. But this has proven to cause confusion for some. So the latest version of Translator ++ will not change the xp3 file. Users need to rename by themself if needed. Because scenario files are not inside data.xp3 in some cases.
It looks like the scenario script is read according to priority as follows:
- If data.xp3 doesn’t exist, read data folder
- patch.xp3 will be loaded when exist, overwriting previously loades scenarios or resources
- when patch.xp3 is exist … patch2.xp3, patch3.xp3 …are also will be loaded if any.
The latest version of Translator++ has a tool to pack a folder into xp3. So you can repack the translated scenario back to xp3. Or you can create a patch.xp3 file that contains the translated scenarios (and even resources such as translated images), so that the original data.xp3 file will remain untouched.
The tool itself is pretty straight forward and self-explanatory.
You can update your Translator++ by using auto-update.