Greetings fellow translators,
How are you today? I hope all of you are healthy and kicking.
Unfortunately I’m not feeling really well these couple days. My throat is sore and coughed a bit. Hopefully this is not something I’m afraid of. I hope this is not a serious problem, because for the past 2 months I have hardly ever left the house …
Anyway, here is the information about the latest version of Translator++
Translator++ Ver. 2.5.30
- Add : Create project from blank
- Fix : remove row does not remove the correct row
- Fix : After removing all row preserve the last blank row
- add : Setting column width by column header’s context menu
- add : UI language changer. Translator++ goes multilingual now!
- add : toggle for active cell info
- add : Column widths are saved into trans data now.
- add : Ribbon menu
- Fix : RMMV, fix map’s note translation
- add : current cell text editor tab support
- Fix : Some row can not displayed on the bottom of the grid
- Add : Displayed history at the front page changed to 5
- Add : Merge trans
Some engines have exclusive features. At first I was having a hard time deciding on where to put that button for the specific engine. Hence I made a ribbon menu… and Yes, this ribbon thing is heavily influenced by MS Office.
The exclusive menu for certain engine
I developed the Addon module even further.
I made the addon as easy as possible to be adapted by anyone who wants to make their own addon for Translator++. I think the addon system is now easy enough for anyone to make themselves, the only problem is … I still have to make documentation … which is the task that I’m not really fond of.
I will create it another time. In the meantime, if any of you want to make your own addon for a certain type of game … please see an example of an existing addon.
Multi language support
I noticed that several communities localize Translator ++ to other languages. But I realized that the previous version of Translator++ is not the easiest to translate.
In my humble opinion… As a translation tool, Translator++ must be easy to translate. So I made a way to let Translator++ translate it’s own UI… Now that’s much better isn’t it?
While I’m on that… I also created a framework to translate web based apps and shared the code for free.
So, if you by any chance are interested in translating the Translator++’s UI, this mechanism will help you alot.
If you are a user, you will get the benefit of this Change Interface Language feature that is located in Options -> Preferences -> Interface Language.
Create a Blank Project
Starting from version 2.5.30, Translator++ is able to create a trans file from scratch.
Up until now, the workflow of Translator++ is to generate a trans file from “something” (i/e. games).
Without that “something” (i/e. a game) there is no easy way to let the end user create a .trans file.
So, this new feature will let us reverse the workflow… to create “something” from .trans.
For example, we can create the .trans needed to translate the web app’s UI when using light-trans framework.
In short… This will let Translator++ to be used in more fields in the future.
This version is a major update. Though I’m really trying my best to deliver the best for you, I’m sure there software still has many rooms for improvements. You might have something to ask me, please by any mean contact me via direct message.
I’m more than happy to help you. But please read this before you ask me a question.
I want to make Translator++ the best game translator platform. So if you have suggestions, positive feedback or questions, don’t hesitate to contact me via direct message.I am also happy to help if you are having difficulties. However, before you contact me, please consider this:
- Look at the documentation at dreamsavior.net/docs, maybe your problem has already been answered there. Trust me, doing this will save your time.
- I will not violate any copyrights or EULA. So, I’m really… really sorry I can’t help you if I find out that you don’t have the rights to translate the non open source commercial game you mentioned. So, please do not mention any non open source commercial game titles or url anywhere on this patreon page … including in the Direct Message or at Dreamsavior.net, unless I explicitly ask (which I never did). Any post mentioning the url or the title of commercial games will be ignored and removed.
- I’m not supporting porn industries in any kind. So, please do not post or mention any of those games nor url related to pornographic material regardless its distribution format whether it is open source or not anywhere in this site, I will ignore your questions and remove your post if you do so.
There is many reason why I take this matter seriously. One of the reason is because porn are illegal in my home country. Please pay attention to this matter if you want to support me to continue developing Translator++.
Translator++ 2.5.30 is available for everyone.